Monday, September 17, 2012

The Best Wash Day Ever!

Sometimes I look at this blog through the eyes of those outside the "hair world" and I have to laugh. Only a hair blogger, Youtuber, or forum member gets super excited about a wash day! Now, back to this wash day--what had me excited? My hair was easier to detangle, easier to lather, easier to rinse, and just "laid" in general from beginning to end.

DETANGLING ON DRY HAIR
The first thing I did differently was detangling on dry hair as I put in my deep conditioner. Now, dry detangling isn't new to me--I used to do it toward the end of my transition. I only stopped because I started following tightly curly to a "T" and dry detangling just wasn't part of that. As I conditioned and detangled, I put my hair into jumbo twists.

WASHING IN SECTIONS
The next thing I did differently was washing my hair in sections. Again, this is something I did at the end of my transition. I had to use ponytail holders just to get my hair to stay sectioned. Now that I'm natural my hair will actually stay in sections under water. I rinsed the DC out by taking down a section at a time and I rubbed shampoo into my scalp before retwisting each section.  I went around my head a second time to rinse the shampoo and apply my detangling conditioner.

DETANGLING A SECOND TIME
The last thing I did that was unusual was detangle a second time. When I dry detangled in the past I only detangled that one time. My second time around detangling I still removed more hair and had the most detangled hair of my life! You can't tell me my hair ain't detangled! If I keep this up there may be less hair each time.

Also, as I rinsed my hair--chile it was laid like pale folks out in the sun! Combing, brushing, etc. puffs up my hair and water lays it back down.


                               




Like me on Facebook
Watch me on YouTube
View photos on Photobucket

No comments:

ShareThis