Friday, June 18, 2010

Saving Money: Aphogee 2 Minute

So, I used to use Aphogee 2 Minute about once a month instead of prepooing with an egg. I usually bought the sample packet priced at $2.49 because I wasn't sure of just how much product to use for one application. I also originally bought the packet to sample the product. Now that I know for sure that I like Aphogee 2 minute and have a better sense of how much to use, I'm thinking about just buying a bottle to save money and trips to Sally's. I started to wonder just how much money I would save by buying a bottle.


So, the packet comes with two applications that are .35oz a piece totaling .70oz at $2.49. Since I'd use this treatment about once a month I added up the ounces for a year's worth of applications, or 6 packets, and it totaled 4.2oz. I then added up the cost of 4.2oz worth of the packet size and it was a whopping $14.94!


Then I moved on to the next size up, the 8oz bottle priced at $5.99. This bottle, when divided by 4, has two years worth of applications. Just one year of the 8oz came in at $3. This is significantly cheaper than repeatedly buying the packets.

Just when I thought I'd saved a lot of money I looked at the 16oz bottle priced at $9.99. If you divide this bottle by 4 it has 4 years worth of applications!! That's a lot. A year of product from this bottle is $2.50 a year. Sure, you just save 50 cents when compared to the 8oz, but if you use the 8oz for 4 years--buying it twice--you'll wind up paying almost two dollars more than if you were to just buy one bottle of the 16oz.

I hate holding onto products a long time without using them up. Weird? I know. I'd save more money buying the 16oz, but I'd be agitated by how long it'd take to use the entire bottle up!

SN: You can always save MUCHO DINERO and just use an egg for protein. I'm on the fence as to whether I will continue doing that or buy a bottle of my precious aphogee.

[IMG Source]

  KAYLA

No comments:

ShareThis