Monday, September 19, 2011

Is your Transition Confusing People?


As I get deeper into my transition I find that I am confusing people left and right.
  
I now have people thinking that it takes forever to go natural. You can go natural like *snaps fingers*. I am only transitioning because I don't want short natural hair. If I just wanted natural hair period I could have chopped my hair off long ago.

Some people think that I've been natural all along. I will admit that I am busted frequently. Transitioning isn't always the cutest thing! lol. I hate to think that I've been misrepresenting natural hair out here in these streets. I can't blame anyone who thinks this though. Not everyone knows what natural hair looks like. As a cultural group, we've been relaxed, fried, dyed, and laid to the side for years.

These are only two of the confusions that I can think of at the moment, but it goes to show you that not everyone "gets" transitioning.

 

No comments:

ShareThis