Friday, September 30, 2011

Product Review: Fekkai Glossing Line


Image Source

The people over at Fekkai are geniuses, because I believe that "everyone and their mama" snagged the free sample of the glossing line (minus the shine spray). What better way to get people to try your product? Now, I cannot do a full review because I did not use this product long enough (a month or two) for a proper review. So, I am bringing you a "first reaction".


Their Promise: 
 Shampoo
This shine release shampoo bathes hair with encapsulated spheres of olive oil all day long to keep locks lustrous. Safe for color-treated hair.
Conditioner

This sheer conditioner with encapsulated olive oil gives hair what it needs: vital moisture and shine while restoring its strength. Safe for color-treated hair.
Cream
Frizz-fighting, soft-seeking shine cream works for nearly every hair type. With encapsulated olive oil spheres to instantly reboot shine all day long. Our superstar formula, ever so brilliant.
Directions:
Shampoo
Wet hair, lather and rinse thoroughly with cool water. Follow with ADVANCED Brilliant Glossing Conditioner.
Conditioner
After shampooing, work a small amount into hair and comb through. Rinse with cool water.
Cream
Rub a small amount between palms and distribute through hair before and after blow-drying.
Ingredients:
 Shampoo
Water (Aqua/Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamide Mea, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Polyglyceryl-3 Laurate, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Peg-150 Distearate, Olive Glycerides, Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimonium Chloride, Synthetic Wax, Polyquaternium-67, Olive Oil Peg-7 Esters, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Polyquaternium-10, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Glycol Stearate, Panthenol, Methoxy Peg/Ppg-7/3 Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Trisodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Yellow 5 (Cl 19140), Blue 1 (Cl 42090), Red 33 (Cl 17200).

Conditioner
Water (Aqua/Eau), Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxycetyl Hydroxyethyl Dimonium Chloride, Isododecane, Fragrance (Parfum), Cyclopentasiloxane, Quaternium-91, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isohexadecane, Dimethiconol, Quaternium-80, Glycerin, Olive Glycerides, Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimonium Chloride, Synthetic Wax, Polyquaternium-67, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Methoxy Peg/Ppg-7/3 Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Green 3 (Ci 42053).

Cream 

Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Propylene Glycol, Polyacrylamide, Olea Europaea (Olive Oil) Fruit Oil, Phenyl Trimethicone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, PEG 8 Methicone, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Laureth-7, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, Cinnamidopropyltrimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Dimethicone PEG-8, Meadowfoamate, Fragrance/Parfum, Methylisochloroisothiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140).
Price:
16oz Shampoo & Conditioner - $38

7oz Cream - $33

My Opinion: 
I used the shampoo and conditioner as directed, then loaded my hair with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration to detangle. Then I rinsed and allowed my hair to airdry overnight. In the morning I applied the cream to my still damp hair and pulled my hair back into my puff bun.


I noticed that the shampoo had a clean and soapy scent. It was also a very thick consistency which worried me because I have issues getting shampoo out of my hair if it's thick. The shampoo did its job and I got most of it out except for a little in the front but that was rinsed away after I finished with the conditioner.


Now for the conditioner--I may be a wierdo--but I felt that it smelled like hotel lotion. lol. It went on smoothly and didn't leave my hair dry but certainly wasn't thick enough to detangle with. It also "pulled" out the rest of the shampoo left over.

That cream...oh that cream. I absolutely love it! There is a reason it has received an allure beauty award. It is non-greasy and you do not need a lot of it. It also doesn't have a strong or overpowering scent. I used it on damp hair and will continue to use it throughout the week as my moisturizer.


Bottom line, I was not blown away by these products with the exception of the cream. They did the job and that was about it. I think this line would be great if I were all natural and wearing my hair down because my hair's texture is more "noticeable" and fluffy. They are a bit too rich for my blood though. If you don't mind the cost, Fekkai won't hurt you.


Rating: 
♥♥/3 GOOD
  
Unless otherwise stated, all reviewed products have been purchased by myself. 

I applied for this sample via online form





 

No comments:

ShareThis