Wednesday, August 15, 2012

White Scalp Gunk: Get rid of it with a DIY Scalp Scrub


In this post I shared with you all the problem that I was having with scalp gunk and flakes. I said that the next thing I was trying was a scalp scrub and let me tell you--I'm glad I did it. My scalp has been gunk and flake free for some days. I worked out on Monday so there is a very tiny amount of stuff on my scalp just under the bun I have been wearing but it is nothing major and is far less than the amount that lead me to do this scrub in the first place.

The scrub is a great alternative to using clarifying shampoo if you are no-poo or low-poo but need to get your scalp really clean. Below the recipe, you can see a video of me applying the scrub and a list of a few tips for application.

Scalp Scrub Recipe

  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
I used a simple 2:1 ratio of exfoliating ingredients to oil. You could use two teaspoons of baking soda, salt, sugar, brown sugar, etc. You also do not need to use two different exfoliating ingredients like I did. You can also use any oil you choose. This recipe makes more than enough to cover your entire head.








Tips

  • Wet the brush a little to help the scrub stick
  • Press the brush unto the mixture--don't scoop or dip!! You'll have chunks raining on you if you don't press.
  • Don't forget to scrub the parts you made to section your hair.
  • I wouldn't recommend doing this scrub weekly as you are rubbing at the base of your hairs.



                               




Like me on Facebook
Watch me on YouTube
View photos on Photobucket

No comments:

ShareThis