Wednesday, May 01, 2013

My Hair is Fake

Yes, you read the title right, my. hair. is. fake. A child says to me, "Mrs. V, is your hair real?" This child has asked me this before. I want to also add that she is "of color" and has combed out but still curly hair. I said "You trying to say my hair is fake?" Her reply? "Yes!" I laughed.

I thought about it though. My hair is always styled. I am not a wash and wear natural. My hair is always artificially molded into whatever style I like. So, in a way, yes. My hair is fake. I am not wearing my natural texture--as this child does.


When I was younger, I thought that the only style a natural could wear was an afro. I love that our hair gives us the opportunity to wear "fake hair."

Fake and proud.


                               




Like me on Facebook
Watch me on YouTube
View photos on Photobucket


No comments:

ShareThis