Wednesday, June 04, 2014

My Fear of Speaking Out


Hello, my name is Kayla and I am afraid to state my opinion. Whenever I post certain things I am afraid of the backlash and negative responses. The first time I posted something rather opinionated, I posted about a weather woman who was fired after responding to Facebook comments on her channel's page after being asked not to. I did not take the common opinion and was bashed for it.

I was told that I was self hating, ignorant, and self absorbed. I dealt with it a day and then I couldn't bear it anymore and deleted the video. Now, whenever I post something that may be opinionated I sit with my nails in between my teeth, waiting for an attack. One of the more recent instances of this was when I uploaded this video speaking about people who feel that you can't do anything to your hair because of fear of damage. I expected to be told off or worse.

I was surprised when the video reached a healthy amount of views and likes and received positive comments within its first 24 hours of being online. I am dealing with this nervousness day by day because it would be boring if I never said what I truly thought on my blog or channel.

"well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich


                               




Like me on Facebook
Watch me on YouTube

No comments:

ShareThis