Monday, July 05, 2010

Use Your Fingers to Measure Your Trim!

I had been thinking about plaiting my hair all over and snipping the ends off for a trim. I didn't get around to doing the trim, but it had me thinking. "How do people just KNOW how much hair they're taking off when they trim?" I looked at my hands and then wondered if the sections of my fingers might be an inch, half inch, etc. So, I pulled out the tape measure and found that I could easily just place my fingers on the ends of my hair and measure just how much to trim.

Comparisons:



The center space on my middle finger is exactly one inch in length


The width of the top section of my middle finger is a half of an inch

The width of the very tip of my pinky finger is a quarter of an inch

Of course these measurements may vary for different people. I have very small dainty-like fingers, lol. I encourage everyone to measure their own fingers before actually attempting to finger a trim measurement. If not, you might take off more than you think!

I used finger trimming in this video: Trimming Natural Hair

KAYLA

No comments:

ShareThis