Friday, April 22, 2011

What Sparked the Movement?

Power & Equality
[img]

Some time ago my roommate asked me something that sparked my interest. She asked "What started the natural movement? What sparked it?" I thought that was a thought provoking question and had to think about it for a while. I think what started it all was the increase in media. Due to resources like the internet and movies like Chris Rock's Good Hair people have more of an opportunity to see natural hair in action, learn what relaxers are all about--I think people should knowingly use relaxers, not slap them on without a true understanding of the ingredients--and learn how to care for natural hair. For the first time we are learning that black hair can be diverse. We are finding that our hair can be styled in various ways for various occasions. It took one natural to care for her hair and have it looking nice to inspire another person to go natural...and another, and another. Exposure is a beautiful thing!

What do you thing sparked the natural hair movement?

  KAYLA

Happy Good Friday & Easter!!

No comments:

ShareThis