Monday, July 18, 2011

Yarn Braids


"Kayla! Where have you been?"

Yes. I've been off the map for a few days but I have an excuse, a hair excuse! I was putting in many hours working towards my new Yarn Braids! This is the first time I've ever done anything even remotely like this. It took me 4 days (not whole days) and a bundle and a half of yarn to complete.

I've already gotten lots of compliments from family and strangers alike. "I love your locs!" "How long have you been growing your locs?"  I don't mean to perpetrate, but people think I have locs and I haven't even washed these things yet! I plan to rock this style for all it's worth for the next 8 weeks.

Watch me install these braids on my YouTube channel!

See how I maintained this style!

Also, view these tutorials by BlackOnyx that I used to do my braids: Video 1 & Video 2

2 comments:

Morgan A. said...

omg! I love them! I want to get them done since I dont know how to braid but the braiding salon wants to charge at least $200 and idk about that lol. Yours look great!

Kayla said...

Thank you! Yeah $200 is a bit much--but the average--considering that the yarn and lighter cost me less than $10.

Listen, I'm no braider either. I've never done anything like this at all. If I can do it, you can do it too.

ShareThis