Monday, October 22, 2012

Product Review: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo & Conditioner



Their Promise:
Achieve ultra-softness and manageability with this moisture-intensive shampoo. Restorative herbal emollients rehydrate hair fiber to overcome dryness and brittleness and leave hair irresistibly fragrant and silky-soft. Also recommended for bleached or highlighted hair.

Ingredients:
Shampoo


Aqua, decyl glucoside, sodium cocoyl hydrolyzed soy protein, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, oryza sativa (rice) extract*, glucose, xanthan gum, lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) extract, citric acid, glycerin, rosa rubignosa (Rosa Mosqueta®) seed oil*, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, panax ginseng root extract, angelica archangelica extract, chrysanthemum sinense flower extract, magnolia biondii flower extract, alcohol denat. (38b, lavendar*), macadamia ternifolia seed oil*, glyceryl linoleate, glyceryl linolenate, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) fruit extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, melissa officinalis (balm mint) leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) extract, tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, ascorbic acid, equisetum hyemale (horsetail) extract, tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene, tocopherol.
*Organic



Conditioner 

Aqua, cetyl alcohol, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) extract, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, glycerin, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, rosa rubignosa (Rosa Mosqueta®) seed oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, tocopheryl acetate, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) fruit extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, melissa officinalis (balm mint) leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, angelica archangelica extract, chrysanthemum sinense flower extract, magnolia biondii flower extract, ascorbic acid. *Organic

Price: 
$10 - $11

My Opinion:
I started off with previously deep conditioned and finger detangled hair when I used the shampoo. I was surprised when it came out runny and clear. I am usually put off by clear shampoos because they tend to be stripping. The smell of the shampoo reminded me of lemon scented cleaning products. This is a natural shampoo so it did not suds up and because there were no suds it rinsed very cleanly from  my hair. My hair wasn't dry or stripped but didn't feel like "buttah" either.

Next, I moved on to the conditioner. It smelled like the unscented version of the lemon cleaning product from the shampoo. The conditioner soaks right into the hair. It is not super slippery and neither does it coat the hair but yet I was able to tool detangle my hair in the shower. The conditioner works well, but I just like the mental satisfaction of my hair coated in juicy conditioner.

Overall, I do like this shampoo and conditioner but they did not WOW me.

Rating:  
♥ ♥ /3 Good - I'd buy it if some of my other options were unavailable.

Unless otherwise stated, all reviewed products have been purchased by myself.



                               




Like me on Facebook
Watch me on YouTube
View photos on Photobucket

No comments:

ShareThis