Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Quick Tip: Use Glycerin In The Winter


Once upon a time I was a glycerin user until one day, the juice and I had a breakup. I mainly set my hair into styles and my sets were beginning to swell and fall from the excess moisture. I'd like to note that I did not use stylers in addition to my moisturisers at this point in my journey. I never "juiced" long enough to make it to winter and when I read about other people suffering dryness from the glycerin I wasn't mad that I missed the season.

You see, glycerin is a humectant and draws moisture from your environment into your hair. If you live in a dry environment or it is a cooler season, there is no moisture to draw in and you may have dry hair. However, juicers rejoice, you can juice year round! You can simply apply your moisturizer before a steamy shower--or use a steamer--and get the moisture from that into your hair. You are free to enjoy your arid or cool day!


                               




Like me on Facebook
Watch me on YouTube
View photos on Photobucket

No comments:

ShareThis