Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Clear Skin At Last

Finally, I have clear skin! If you are familiar with my blog, you know that my skin and I have it out with each other on a regular basis. This time last year I posted a YouTube video titled "Beauty Vlog" in which I reveal my struggles with my skin. I came back a month later, this time on a blog post titled "Update: Skin." The creativity of that title should win an award. In that post I reveal that I still had not gotten clear skin, but that I discovered that I had dry skin and I was working toward fixing the problem.

After restoring the moisture to my face through water only rinsing, I once again returned to my beloved oil cleansing method. Every other day I removed the oil with the St. Ives Apricot Scrub for acne. On non-scrub days I just rinsed the oil away with water. The oil kept me from needing to follow my routine with a moisturizer. Each weekend I used the Queen Helen Mint Julep face mask.

Clear Skin

This routine has greatly reduce the acne on my face and has smoothed out my skin in general. Lately I have fallen off the oil cleansing and masking bandwagons, but I continue to maintain my skin with the scrub every other day. If I am wearing makeup I use a dime sized amount of my body wash to remove it and make sure to apply my e.l.f Studio Daily Moisture Stick afterward to keep my sensitive face from drying out. I truly believe that having some sort of regimen and using at least one product specifically for acne is the key to clear skin.

I am now looking for ways to reduce the dark marks left by the acne. I'm thinking cocoa butter.



                               




Like me on Facebook
Watch me on YouTube
View photos on Photobucket


No comments:

ShareThis