Friday, August 02, 2013

Product Review: Miss Jessie's

 

I know that the Miss Jessies's products are of interest to a lot of naturals, so I decided to do a review on the sample packs that I had. Between my two big bags of samples, I had 8 Miss Jessie's products, 5 of which were unique. I used these products to create a twist n curl and a braid out (pictured above). 

Miss Jessie's Crème de la Crème  Conditioner ($14)
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Polyisobutene (more)

I used this product as a deep conditioner because the packaging stated that I could.  I couldn't really get an authentic gauge of this product because I had previously used the Paul Mitchell protein and that stuff can leave a bit of a coat on your hair. I felt that this conditioner was moisturizing but perhaps left a coating on my hair.

Miss Jessie's Super Sweet Back Treatment ($9-$48)
Water (Aqua), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride (more)

I also used this product as a deep conditioner on another wash day. It smells like a sweet tart at first, switches to smelling like laffy taffy when you begin to apply it, then settles on the scent of baby powder. Jessie puts a whole lot of scent in her products! This product did not wow me. It was okay.

Miss Jessie's  Crème de la Curl Cleansing Crème ($14)
Purified Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 80, Glycerin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Oil) Seed Oil (more)

Me and cleansing creams DO NOT get along. With that said I was greatly impressed with this product. It smelled like a bar soap and was colored like Lever 3000. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I enjoyed the fresh clean scent. It had a weird jelly like texture. My hair was clean...from a cleansing cream! I knew I couldn't hate them all. I would actually purchase the full size of this product.

Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme ($9-$58)
Water, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance (more)

This product right here smells like A/D Ointment, chil'e! It didn't really spread much nor did it seem to melt into my hair. It provided moisture that lasted about 2 days before needing to be refreshed.

Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding ($7-$38)
Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Fragrance, Triethanolamine (more)

 This smells fruity, tart, and sweet. Though the product goes on smooth and is not drying, I do not feel as though it had a lot of hold. My hair was not standing up to what it normally would. For example, my hair desperately needs to be redone on the 3rd day where usually it would need to be done, but could slide into a 4th day. Also, my braid out refresh (pictured above) wasn't as defined and frizz free as it usually would be. It isn't a bad product though.



                               




Like me on Facebook
Watch me on YouTube
View photos on Photobucket


No comments:

ShareThis