Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Yarn Braids Update


Hello all! It has been about a month with yarn braids and, unlike the first time I had them, I miss my hair already! I have been caring for my yarn braids by washing with diluted Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Shine Shampoo and spraying it with a mix of leave in, water, and oil daily. The leave in was originally the Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Shine but it ran out and I switched to using the Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter. Since I remember another product from this line making my hair very shiny and slick, I forewent mixing it with oil.


My hair has a lot of loose roots. I think this is due partly to slippage and partly to hair growth. Spring/Summer is when many of us experience a hair growth spurt and I am not the tightest braider. I'm looking into taking these out Memorial Day weekend since it is at the end of the month and is a 3 day weekend. I plan to clarify my hair and give it an intensive deep conditioning.


Look for an update on my hair after the braids come out!
                               




Like me on Facebook
Watch me on YouTube

No comments:

ShareThis