Monday, July 14, 2014

Video: Cherry Lola Treatment

After knowing about it for some time, I finally gave the Cherry Lola Treatment a shot. The Cherry Lola treatment was discovered by accident by blogger Cherry Lola (http://www.cherrylola.com/). Since the discovery, the treatment has been used by many to attempt to loosen their curl pattern and/or decrease frizz. I did the treatment as it is the "kick off" of the Max Hydration Method that I blogged about a few weeks ago.

I filmed a video of my mix which added honey though it is not in the original mix (view it here):
2 cups Greek yogurt -- full fat is best but our fat phobic society makes it impossible to find
2 tbsp baking soda
2 tbsp liquid amino acids
1 tbsp honey
I applied half of the mixture to my entire head and let it sit for 2 hours. You do not need to do it for that long but that is what is to be done for the Max Hydration method. Everyone says this mixture stinks but mine smelled lovely! My dog was trying to lick it out of my hair!


The result was very soft, very defined hair. I had never seen such definition in my hair. The results were short lived. My hair was defined the next wash but not nearly as much as the day I did the treatment.


I had frozen the remaining treatment and done it again two weeks later. I didn't get the stellar results that I did the first time. It could be that I am in another more humid state or that the treatment is best when fresh.


                               




Like me on Facebook
Watch me on YouTube

No comments:

ShareThis