Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Black Friday Haul

I know, I know. It's Christmas Eve and I'm writing about my Black Friday haul. I have an excuse! I did not receive the Alikay Naturals product until December 12th and I already had a blog post scheduled for the following Wednesday. This was the next post date on my blog schedule. 

Natural Hair Black Friday Haul - What The Kink?!

Koils By Nature Herbal Soothing Curl Defining Gel - $17.60 (reg. $18 + Shipping)
I was very excited to get this gel. It is on the approved list for the Max Hydration Method that I follow. It is also fairly reasonably priced considering it is a herbal gel. What I was uncertain about was the shipping cost. I was surprised to find that the shipping for KBN is only $5! They use those flat rate padded shipping envelopes. I came out with the equivalent of free shipping and a few cents off the product. Not bad! I may purchase again if I like the product.

Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker - $19.02 (reg. $22 + Shipping)
This was simply a repurchase. Curl Mart had their annual Grey Friday sale that made the product 20% off with $5 shipping. I paid nearly $3 less than the cost of the product and it was like getting free shipping. As I mentioned in the review of this product, it goes on sale from time to time and I can get away with never paying $22 for it--this is the proof! Click this text to view the review.

Alikay Naturals Aloe Berry Styling Gel - $19.85 (reg. $18 + Shipping)
This gel is also approved on the Max Hydration Method. I didn't think $18 was bad but I have heard "on the streets" that the shipping was high for Alikay Naturals and that it was! I believe the shipping had a double digit number! On top of that, the product ships from the state where I am located--Florida. The discount on the product was so much that I didn't care and purchased anyway. I came out as though I had paid a dollar for shipping in the end anyhow. If I like it, Alikay Naturals is already in Target and will soon be available in Sally Beauty.

As you can tell, gel is on my mind right now. In addition to these I will also be playing around with Wetline Extreme, Pure Clean, and Xanthan Gum gels. Stay tuned for the reviews that will surely follow!

Did you get a good deal on hair products this holiday season? Share your finds below! 

If you like what you've read, never miss a post by following this blog with Bloglovin'. Also, watch my videos on Youtube. NEW uploads weekly!

No comments:

ShareThis