Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Guess What's in the School Library

Image Source
One day after school, we had a quick faculty meeting in the school library. This meeting involved voting so I had some time to look around the library and check out some of the displays that the librarian had out. On one shelf she had a book with a little girl with braids featured. I recognized the book as I Love My Hair by Natasha Anastasia Tarpley. I cannot tell you how excited I was to see this book not only in our school library but featured on the shelf! I am one of only a handful of African American teachers/staff at this school and I am the only one with natural hair. Who knows who might see this book and appreciate the natural hair of theirs or others.

I made a point to tell the librarian that I enjoyed seeing the book the next day. She responded "oh, I love that book!" Please note that she is not African American. Smiles all around!


                               




Like me on Facebook
Watch me on YouTube

No comments:

ShareThis