Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Strengthen Your Hair From The Inside Out


Vitamins are great for ensuring that your hair is growing as it should. I have said it before in previous posts and videos that you can't really speed up your hair growth but you can make sure that your body and scalp are healthy. Vitamins are also great for general health. Your body will take what vitamins it needs first and send what's left to your hair and nails anyhow. The following vitamins are great for hair health.

Vitamin C is said to increase hair growth and improve iron absorption. This is great because iron is also said to help the health of your hair. Vitamin C can be found in citrus fruits. It is also in some non-citrus fruits like raspberries, pineapples, and kiwi.

Niacin is said to increase blood flow to the hair. Many claim that niacin supplements have caused their hair to grow faster. Niacin can be found in meats (fish, turkey, chicken, pork, beef, liver) and peanuts. I may need to supplement this one being a pescetarian!

Biotin helps reduce hair loss. You can find this nutrient in salmon, almonds, peanuts, oats, eggs, onions, etc. The list is long for this one and I already eat my fair share or biotin daily. This is probably why I found that biotin supplements did not do anything special for me.

Zinc is another vitamin that reduces hair loss. It can be found in meats (seafood, beef, lamb, pork, chicken), spinach, mushrooms, and beans. 

I'm pretty confident that I get a lot of these in my natural diet. I do see a need to boost my niacin through other means as I do not eat most of those meats listed. Woman can not get Niacin from peanut butter and the occasional fish alone!  
What are your thoughts on strengthening your hair through diet? Comment below! 

If you like what you've read, never miss a post by following this blog with Bloglovin'. Also, watch my videos on Youtube. NEW uploads weekly!

No comments:

ShareThis