Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick Swatches

Left to Right: Java, Dark Wine, Breeze

I came across a hot coupon deal on Wet'n'Wild at CVS that when paired with their sale got me 3 lipsticks for a little less than the price of one. Not wanting to pick out an unflattering shade I searched google for pictures of African American women--or brown women in general--wearing the lipsticks. I came up short. There just weren't very many pictures of "us" swatching these lipsticks! Call this post my civic duty to other black women standing in the drugstore trying to make a decision.


First shade, Breeze. This reminds me of my Aunt Janet who has a love for frosted lipstick shades. It's not an over the top frost and is a pinky nude color. 
Next shade, Java. This color is also frosted but less so than Breeze. It is also nude but has more of a brown color. I'd recommend this to those wanting to get into wearing lipsticks but lack the confidence to do so. I see myself wearing this one to work!

 Final shade, Dark Wine. Yes, gawd, hunty! I loved this shade and the photo isn't giving it its due. This is a dark red with a pink/berry tone to it. I own other reds but nothing with the pink tone of Dark Wine. I love it!

 
Dark Wine, Java,  Breeze
What other Wet n Wild lippies would you recommend? Comment below! 

If you like what you've read, never miss a post by following this blog with Bloglovin'. Also, watch my videos on Youtube. NEW uploads weekly!

No comments:

ShareThis