Wednesday, December 02, 2015

6 Inches in 6 Months! Hair Challenge | Month 1


What kind of witchcraft is this?! My hair actually grew an inch during this challenge! I'm not sure what to think of this. I am THE skeptic--QUEEN of skeptics. I don't believe much of anything when it comes to "grow hair quick schemes." I even joined this challenge with an unseen roll of the eyes. Now, it's my head that's rolling for doubting this whole thing.

What I was doing:
  • Scalp massages daily--though sometimes I slacked
  • Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin, and Nails Gummy Vitamins daily
  • Peppermint added to Au Naturel Soak It Up Oil Cocktail, then Yemaya Gold Healing Hair Oil on my scalp every other day
  • Inversion Method at the Beginning 7 days of the month
  • Green House Effect (GHE) for the last 2 weeks of the month
  • Protective styles--high bun then jumbo twists during the GHE

The Green House Effect kind of annoyed me and didn't really add a clear moisturizing benefit to my hair that I could tell. I think that I will reduce that to just the last week of the month. I began the scalp oiling by adding Peppermint Oil to the Au Naturel Soak It Up Oil Cocktail. It was about 15 drops of peppermint to 2oz of carrier oil. 

When I ran out of oil I switched to the Yemaya which already has peppermint in it. It did not tingle but I didn't add extra peppermint as the tingling was sort of annoying. This is a lot to keep up with but the results are motivating.

What I will continue with:
  • Scalp massages as often as reasonable
  • NB HSN Gummy Vitamins daily (they will run out next month)
  • Yemaya Gold Healing Hair Oil applied to scalp every other day
  • Inversion Method at the Beginning 7 days of the month
  • Green House Effect (GHE) for the last week of the month
  • Protective style during GHE--probably a bun

See previous posts on this challenge:

How's your growth going? Comment below! 

If you like what you've read, never miss a post by following this blog with Bloglovin'. Also, watch my videos on Youtube. NEW uploads weekly!

No comments:

ShareThis