Monday, December 28, 2015

Video | Microwave Flax Seed Gel?!


What if I told you that you could make flax seed gel in the microwave? Before you throw stones at me, hear me out. I did it! Being able to microwave up some flax seed gel is going to change the whole game for me! I don't like dirtying up my dinner pots for hair gel or having to wait until the pots are cleaned of food to make gel. A moment of realness: I am young, we don't have a lot of pots, and if the dishwasher isn't bursting full I leave its dirty contents.

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cups water
  • 1/4 cup flax seeds
  • 1 TBSP Marshmallow Root
  • 1/2 TSP Irish Moss


STEPS

  1. Add all of the ingredients to a microwave safe bowl, stirring to combine
  2. Microwave for 7 minutes, stopping every 2 to prevent boiling over and to stir
  3. Strain the mixture into a pair of knee highs or a sieve
  4. Allow the gel to cool and thicken

STORE IN THE REFRIGERATOR TO KEEP IT FRESH!

I believe in giving credit where credit is due so I got the microwaving time from this blog post.

Will you be trying this DIY on for size? Comment below! 

If you like what you've read, never miss a post by following this blog with Bloglovin'. Also, watch my videos on Youtube. NEW uploads weekly!

No comments:

ShareThis