Friday, May 28, 2010

How Awesome is Castor Oil?

You can't miss the popularity of castor oil in the hair care community. This popular oil is credited with hair growth and thickening and is a staple in many people's regimens. I decided to give this oil a try after looking into its properties.

How Awesome is Castor Oil?

Properties of Castor Oil

Anti-fungal: Castor oil keeps fungus from growing on your scalp. Fungus often causes hair loss. Patches, anyone?

Moisture Locking: Castor oil locks in the moisture on the scalp and prevents it from drying out.

Thickening: Hair may increase in thickness from castor oil use.

Growth: The combination of the first two properties allow for increase in hair growth.


My Regimen

Because of the growth properties, I'm including regular Walmart pharmacy castor oil into my regimen on an experimental basis. I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon until I see results!

I hear that this oil can get a little heavy so I apply it once when I wash my hair and once again midweek. I have already experienced an unexpected effect.

Since using the oil I have not seen a single flake in my hair. My head usually looks like a mountain peak with all of that white stuff up there!

We shall see how this plays out as far as growth.

  KAYLA

No comments:

ShareThis