Friday, May 07, 2010

DIY Deep Conditioner Mix

I ran out of the Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream and instead of running out right away to buy some more, I felt like using up the rest of my Vo5 Moisture Milk Strawberries and Cream conditioner from forever-ago. So, I mixed the conditioner up with a little Doo Gro Anti-Itch Growth Oil, which I am also trying to use up.


The difference between instant conditioners and deep conditioners is how long they last. Instant conditioners are meant to work temporarily and at the surface while deep conditioners contain ingredients that penetrate the hair shaft and have a longer effect after the conditioner has been removed. Adding oils to instant conditioner gives it a little more "umph" than it would have on its own.


The mixture looks like enough conditioner for two deep treatments. I'm going to actually go out and buy a real conditioner when this runs out. Any suggestions?




  KAYLA

No comments:

ShareThis