Friday, June 11, 2010

Assessed My Strands

If you're familiar with Sistaslick from LHCF and AssociatedContent, then you're familiar with her article on the protein/moisture balance. I turned to this article to gain some insight into the source of my breakage.

According to the strand assessment, my hair needed more moisture.


I deep condition, I use leave-in conditioner, I moisturize, and I seal, so I started thinking it was time for a change in products. I'm always so reluctant to buy new products unless I've run out of the ones they're meant to replace.

So, here are the few products that I couldn't stand, but continued to use because I hate feeling like I'm not getting my money's worth.

Products that needed to get the 'X':
  • Silk Elements Shampoo
  • Silk Elements Leave-in
  • Africa's Best Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Lotion
  • Doo Gro Oil
The Silk Elements products smell like strong salon products and they don't do a thing for my hair. I also want to ditch the sulfates. The only reason I started using this poop is because my stylist recommended it.

The Kids Organics is like water! Now, Doo Gro isn't wrecking my hair or anything. I just want to decrease ingredients in my regimen and it's made up of a little of everything. I want a natural oil in my regimen like olive oil or coconut oil.

It took a lot of willpower for me to dump these products, but I did it!

I now use:
  • Vo5 Conditioner (I'm cowashing weekly)
  • Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo (I clarify monthly now)
  • Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-in
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I have already updated my regimen previous to this post. Already my hair has improved in health.


  KAYLA

No comments:

ShareThis