Monday, June 07, 2010

No One Needs a Relaxer


It happens too often that I'm sitting with friends or family and someone will say something like "I need a relaxer. My hair is lookin a mess!" I cannot tell you how annoying it is to hear someone say this about themselves, but it is even worse when it's said about someone else.

No One Needs a Relaxer

I occasionally will hear a "She aint cute! She need a relaxer!" Where does anyone get off saying what someone else needs for their hair? I just cannot get with the ideas behind these statements.

No one needs a relaxer. People get relaxers because they want them, not because they need them.

In my 8 years of being relaxed, I have not once felt like my natural texture was something horrible that I must keep at bay. I got a relaxer because I wanted it, because it's a choice, and because I just could. I think that's the best reasoning out there. If you get a relaxer, let it be because you want it and not because you feel you need it.

  KAYLA

No comments:

ShareThis