Wednesday, February 09, 2011

How to Switch to a Pescetarian Diet

Maybe you are more concerned about your health.Perhaps you are looking for a stepping stone to vegetarianism or veganism. Whatever your reason, I've compiled this list of tips to help you transition to pescetarianism.


























1. ESTABLISH WHY YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THIS
When I first modified my diet, I was a flexitarian or someone who still eats meat--any sort--at times. After a while I forgot why I was even doing this and fell off. If you don't have a strong connection to why you are changing a big part of your life--and eating is BIG, then you too will fall off.

2. TAKE IT ONE STEP AT A TIME
If you know you can do it in one big step, do it! However, some people find it more comfortable to glide into change. Start with cutting out one group of meat, then another, and another until you reach your goal.

3. CHANGE YOUR MINDSET
If you think of the things that you are no longer eating as "stuff you can't eat" then you will feel like you are missing out. Change that statement to "stuff you don't want to eat". It sounds small, but it is a big deal. Trust me.

4. START READING LABELS
Just because something is meat free doesn't mean that is animal free. Learn all about animal based ingredients and keep an eye out for them in your favorite foods.

5. DON'T ELIMINATE, SUBSTITUTE
You don't have to never eat chicken again, there are "chik'n nuggets". You don't have to never eat marshmallows again, there are vegan/vegetarian ones. You get the picture. 

6. YOU CAN STILL EAT OUT
I always order something meatless or make a meat dish meatless by ordering it specially. Restaurants are totally okay with me ordering their burgers without the meat patty.

7. DON'T TRASH YOUR RECIPES 
I still cook all the same things my mom does, just without the meat. *shrugs* Tastes about the same.

  KAYLA


UPDATE!! Check this post out on:  Good Health Diva!!

No comments:

ShareThis