Friday, July 22, 2011

Great Grandma's Regimen

 I started this thread a month or so ago over on LHCF and thought it would be interesting to share on my blog:
I've looked at some photos of my great grandmother and MY did she have some long hair. I asked my mom about her regimen and all she could tell me was that she wore her hair in a single braid wrapped around her head (old school PSing).

So, do you know your great grandmother's--or anyone else older's--regimen?
I was shocked when most of the answers were the same thing or close to it. Most answers were that great grandma--who had long hair--washed her hair with whatever, sealed in the moisture from washing with a grease, then proceeded to braid her hair. This braid was one or two and ended up in a bun or under a wig. Some Grandma's let their hair loose in a braid out style for the weekend before repeating the process.

What do you think of the "Grandma Regimen"? Did your grandmother or great grandmother have a similar regimen? Would you follow this regimen?


 

No comments:

ShareThis