Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Q & A: Pescetarianism and Assumptions

I have posted a few times on What the Kink about my Pescetarianism diet. These other posts are Tips: Switching to a Pescetarian Diet, My Pesce-Versary, and Two Year Pescetarian Anniversary. I am still going strong and never hesitate to share my diet with anyone willing to listen. This sharing--of course--brings out questions and assumptions that others have of low/no meat diets.

Happy Thanksgiving
(source)
So, you must not eat out often?
I eat out where-evah! My family does not eat a lot of fast food but when we do go out, I never really worry about what I'm going to eat. Some examples are as follows: Taco Bell-Sub beans for meat on whatever I want to order, Any burger place- Order the burger w/o the meat patty, Any country fried restaurant--vegetable plate with the veggies they've marked as not cooked w/ meat (almost all country places mark this). Also, seafood is always an option because I'm a Pescetarian!

You eat a lot of fish, huh?
Um...no...not really. Being a pescetarian means that I am WILLING to eat fish. Most of my meals are Vegetarian.

Does it get boring eating all of those vegetables?
I eat so much more than vegetables! I get my serving in but I like other stuff too. Take a look at my day.

  • Breakfast: Overnight Oats w/ Raisins & Coffee
  • Lunch: Veggie Burger, Fruit Gel Cup, Chipsssss
  • Dinner: Broccoli, Yellow Rice, Chik'n Nuggets
  • Snacks: Fiber Bar or Popcorn or Fruit Snacks or Apple
I'm usually a fruit and breads before dinner kind of girl. At dinner I have half a plate of veggies. Not the vegetable filled day you imagined, huh?

Have you lost weight?
Nope. The first year I stayed exactly the same. I lost a little weight last year by cutting back portions and exercising. Pescetarianism made little difference though.

You must be protein difficient!
Peanut Butter, Eggs, Cheese, Yogurt, Milk...these are all protein filled and I eat at least two of these a day. Even a bag of chips has 2 grams of protein! lol.

So, what things do you assume about low or no meat diets. I couldn't have covered them all.


No comments:

ShareThis