Friday, August 10, 2012

The Ultimate Bun Challenge


Hi all! I've decided that I want to get in serious "grow mode" with my hair. I am quickly approaching APL and have my eye on BSL. I have never been at BSL and in order to get what you have never had, you must do what you have never done. So, I decided to join The Ultimate Bun Challenge on Hairlista. I think this is the serious kick in the butt that I need to move toward my goals.

Here are the "Ultimate Level" rules:

1) Hair will be kept in bun (or protective style) 100% of the time (i.e. whenever you are not washing, Co, washing etc)

2) Hair will only be manipulated ONCE A WEEK/ EVERY TWO WEEKS. This includes COMBING, DC, etc

3) Same M/S rules apply as above. [M/S the outside of the bun, and the rest of your hair that is exposed to elements (without taking the bun down). The hair thats on the inside will remain moist as the hair on the outside protects it!]

*Rules taken from the challenge page. I do not claim ownership for the exact wording.

On the Basic Level, challengers are allowed to wear their hair down once a month. I figure that I already wear my hair down so much that I can miss out on it for a while and not even mind. The challenge runs from August 1st - January 31st. I will be posting my starting pic shortly--finally using my length check shirt because my hair is long enough--and checking in regularly with bun pics and progress posts.

The buns currently in my arsenal are the Puff Bun [1,2] and the track bun [1,2]. As you can see, I need to add to my style arsenal.

No comments:

ShareThis