Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Product Review: Aubrey Organics GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Shampoo and Conditioner



Their Promise:
Shampoo
Feed your hair a healthy, balanced diet with this protein-enriched shampoo. Rehydrate and re-energize your hair with this nourishing formula that increases softness and manageability as it cleanses. Moisturizing herbal oils smooth hair fiber and infuse it with vitamins to leave hair full, healthy and lustrous. The perfect companion to our top-selling GPB Conditioner.

Conditioner
Feed your hair a healthy, balanced diet with our #1-selling conditioner. Nutrient-rich, protein-based GPB rehydrates and reenergizes your hair, strengthens hair fiber and repairs damage from salon treatments to restore softness, manageability and shine. Our most popular product ever.

Ingredients:
Shampoo
Aqua, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, decyl glucoside, sodium cocoyl hydrolyzed soy protein, glucose, xanthan gum, oryza sativa (rice) extract*, myroxylon pereirae (balsam Peru) oil, milk protein, citric acid, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) oil*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, glycerin, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, quillaja saponaria root extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil*, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, ascorbic acid, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene. *Organic

Conditioner

Aqua, cetyl alcohol, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, milk protein, glycerin, myroxylon pereirae (balsam Peru) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil*, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi copolymer, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, salvia officinalis (sage) oil*, glycoprotein, tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, equisetum hyemale (horsetail) extract, tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) leaf extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, ascorbic acid, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene.
*Organic 


Price: 
Shampoo - $10.48
Conditioner - $17.83

My Opinion:
Both the shampoo and conditioner have a men's after shave smell. After being in your hair for a while it does fade to something more gender neutral and soft. Just at the smell alone I was liking this shampoo and conditioner pair better than the honeysuckle rose that I tried last week. The shampoo had a slightly grainy texture and was a gold-ish color. Just like honeysuckle rose, GPB cleaned without stripping and was easy to rinse.

I had a similar experience with this conditioner to the previous Aubrey conditioner I tried. It soaked right into the hair instead of coating it and being super slippery like a lot of other conditioners. I was able to detangle my hair with it but remember that I do detangle my hair some before I get in the shower and detangle it again. When I came from the shower my hair was super shiny.

I really liked the shampoo but I prefer a gooey, slippery conditioner.

Rating:  

/3 Good - I'd get the shampoo but leave the conditioner even though it's okay.


Unless otherwise stated, all reviewed products have been purchased by myself.



                               




Like me on Facebook
Watch me on YouTube
View photos on Photobucket

No comments:

ShareThis