Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Maximum Hydration Method: ACV vs Baking Soda

SOURCE
For the past few months I have been doing the Maximum Hydration Method. In that time I have tried both the apple cider vinegar (ACV) and the Baking Soda rinse for the first step of the regimen. The purpose of this step is to get some of the "gunk" off of your hair and to open the cuticle layer for better moisturizing with the deep conditioner that follows after this step.

I originally tried the ACV rinse because I had never used vinegar in my hair before. I applied the 1:1 mix of water and ACV to my hair would let it sit. The "gunk" in my hair was definitely loosened but my hair smelled strongly of vinegar prompting responses from my husband and my mom. Even after my hair dried I could still detect a hint of the vinegar.

About a month ago I switched to the baking soda rinse. I instantly noticed the difference in the baking soda when I began applying the conditioner. The conditioner seemed to be soaked up by the hair as though it was thirsty. With the baking soda my hair seems to be more moisturized. It also smells better than the ACV option!

Which rinse you choose it up to you, but I had not seen anyone share their experience with using both of these rinses.


                               




Like me on Facebook
Watch me on YouTube

No comments:

ShareThis