Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Find: Micro Trimming

I have gone micro trimming crazy! It all started when I came across these posts on Relaxed Hair Health (1,2). In these posts Nadege introduces the concept of micro trimming and her plans to begin trimming in this manner. Interest, piqued.

CREDIT
What is micro trimming?
Micro trimming is the process of regularly trimming off a small amount of hair. I'm talking as often as 1/4th of an each every 3 months.

I also found this interesting thread on Untamed Tresses. I didn't just read about micro trimming, I also watched a video on it by AuCurls Naturelle. In the video she claims that the secret to her length retention has been micro trimming.

I will do my regular 1/2" for my trim in October. I am playing around with doing 1/4" in January, April, July, and October of next year. The total amount trimmed by the end of the year would still be the same, 1".

How do you know exactly how much you are trimming?
I have actually measured my fingers and can get a pretty exact trim using certain fingers for certain lengths. I have post on that here if you would like to see what I did and measure your own hands.

How do you even trim natural hair?
I have a video for that here! :)



                               




Like me on Facebook
Watch me on YouTube

No comments:

ShareThis