Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March Curl Kit - Au Naturale Moisture LOC

March 2015 Curl Kit

I didn't make it a big deal on my blog or channel, but my Birthday was earlier this month on March 1st. For my birthday, my friend sent me a Curl Kit! Y'all, I was so excited when I saw that box in my mail. I have often thought of getting a Curl Kit but never did because I know that I'm picky about products.

March 2015 Curl KitMarch 2015 Curl Kit


This box was one that was dedicated to Dark & Lovely's Au Naturale and included 3 full sized products. I tried Au Naturale when it first came out but was not impressed by neither the ingredients nor the smell. I had seen a few videos of this box and other people seemed excited so I was willing to give it a shot.

March 2015 Curl Kit
The three products included in the box are the new SUPER QUENCH-LEAVE IN SPRAY, SOAK IT UP OIL COCKTAIL, and LOCK-IT-IN SEALING CREAM. These products are based on the ever popular LOC method which involves moisturizing your hair with a liquid, sealing that with an oil, then sealing once more with a cream or butter. Each of these products can be used in one of the steps. As far as marketing goes, this is extremely smart!

I then turned the products around to check out the ingredients. Looking good! The spray has a little propylene glycol and salt, the cream has a water soluble cone and Isopropyl alcohol, lastly the oil just has some thickeners at the beginning with mostly plain oil. Are these ingredients perfect, no. However, they are better than a lot of other products out there.



I probably won't use them as a LOC system because I mainly wear my hair in wash and gos and use gels. I'll probably leave in the cream, seal with the oil, and use the spray in-between washing/resetting my hair. Also in the box, there was a terry turban and a jumbo rake comb. I already own a similar comb so I'm not taking it out of the package and may give it to someone else. The turban may come in handy when I'm wearing a shower cap to bed.

March 2015 Curl KitMarch 2015 Curl Kit


Do you subscribe to Curl Kit or any natural hair boxes? Comment below! 

If you like what you've read, never miss a post by following this blog with Bloglovin'. Also, watch my videos on Youtube. NEW uploads weekly!

No comments:

ShareThis