Monday, November 05, 2012

Product Review: Aubrey Organics Blue Camomile Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner

I am now over halfway through my little Aubrey trial. So far I have had an ok experience with the shampoos and have liked the conditioners--though I'd love if they were super coating and slippery. Hang in there for this review because I feel a little differently about the Blue Camomile.


Their Promise:
Shampoo
Give your hair a new attitude. Lather in softness and shine with this naturally hydrating shampoo made with exotic, organic blue camomile and shea butter. Refreshing formula lightly conditions as it cleanses to leave hair full, silky and manageable.

Conditioner
Complete your hair’s new attitude with this light, moisturizing conditioner that gives you healthy control and shine without weighing down your style. Fragrant, organic blue camomile and aloe condition and rehydrate, while milk protein and silica-rich horsetail strengthen and pamper your hair, leaving it soft and manageable.

Ingredients:

Shampoo


Aqua, decyl glucoside, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, sodium cocoyl hydrolyzed soy protein, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, oryza sativa (rice) extract*, glycerin, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, tanacetum annuum (Moroccan blue camomile) oil*, glyceryl linoleate, glyceryl linolenate, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, equisetum hyemale (horsetail) extract, tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) leaf extract, ascorbic acid, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene.
*Organic


Conditioner


Aqua, cetyl alcohol (coconut fatty alcohol), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, alcohol denat., helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, milk protein, glycerin, equisetum hyemale (horsetail) extract, tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) leaf extract, tanacetum annum (Moroccan blue camomile) oil*, brassica campestris (turnip) oil, aleurites fordi (chinawood) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene.
*Organic



Price: 
~$10


My Opinion:
Okay, this shampoo is clear with a green tint, much thicker than the other two I have tried (Honeysuckle Rose , GPB) and smells of new shoes. Yes, new shoes! This shampoo lathers just as well as the GPB but it doesn't rinse as well as either of the other shampoos I tried. I tend to lightly scratch my hair as I rinse it just to make sure my scalp is clear and I kept coming away with the underside of my nails full of gunk. I did not experience this just the week before with GPB. I think it may have to do with shea butter being within the first five ingredients of the shampoo. This is the first Aubrey shampoo that has been a definite no go for me.

The conditioner is a pearly white and stayed true to Aubrey conditioner standards. It soaks right into the hair and allowed me to run a comb through my hair (note: The comb and shower conditioner are always part of my second detangling. You may need more slip if you do not pre-detangle.) I also noticed curl definition in the areas of my hair that curl. Just like GPB, I had a lot of shine.

Rating:  
Shampoo: --0-- of 3 No Go
Conditioner: ♥♥of 3 Good - Y'all know I prefer more slip and slide than these conditioner offer

Unless otherwise stated, all reviewed products have been purchased by myself.


                               




Like me on Facebook
Watch me on YouTube
View photos on Photobucket

No comments:

ShareThis