You have probably seen my Spring Empties video by now (if you haven't then you better click here and catch up!). In this video my hair is still wet--you can see the product in it--and it is already beginning to frizz up. The hair in this video is what I get when I use a popular curly hair technique called plopping or plunking. I have done this technique in the past before with much the same result.
What I Did
- Washed and styled my hair as usual using Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner, olive oil, and Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker.
- Piled my hair onto a t-shirt upside down then secured it around my head
- Removed the shirt the next morning
- My hair was still wet--not damp, wet.
- It was as if the styling product had been soaked up into the shirt.
- My hair still had hang and a little definition
They say the 3rd time is a charm but I'm going to sit this one out. I think it's safe to say that this technique--at least the way I did it--is just not for me.
Have you or will you try plopping? Comment below!
If you like what you've read, never miss a post by following this blog with Bloglovin'. Also, watch my videos on Youtube. NEW uploads weekly!