Friday, May 11, 2012

Curly Girl Consideration

I have been doing a lot of reading on the "Curly Girl Method" or "CG". What is CG? Putting it into a nutshell, it is the elimination of sulfate containing shampoos and using silicone free products to avoid buildup. Buildup would need to be removed with a sulfate shampoo which CG suggests one not use. Users of CG say that their hair is bouncier and softer than ever before since switching to the method. My hair is okay, but if it can get softer, I'd be willing to try out this method.

Now, you all know that I follow the "Tightly Curly Method" and that wouldn't change. Instead of shampoo-condition-heavy condition/detangle-style, I would be skipping the shampoo and doing condition (cowash)/finger detangle-heavy condition-style. I would just be swapping out the conditioner I already use for CG friendly ones and doing the same regimen.

This is just a thought right now because I just had to completely "re up" my hair stash. All of my products ran out on the same day! When these new products run out, I will be slowly switching to CG friendly products. I will eventually migrate to the finger detangling in the shower once I have all of the products.

More on this much later!

No comments:

ShareThis