Monday, January 14, 2013

Quick Tip: Never Trust The Front Label

 

It is no secret that there is a hair care trend leaning toward silicone free, sulfate free, mineral oil free, and paraben free products. Realizing this, companies are producing products claiming that they are free of the above mentioned on the front label...while hoping you don't look on the back. Yes, label reading is fundamental.

I'm not going to name the brands or the specific products but I have seen two shampoos claiming to be sulfate free on the front while including Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate on in the ingredients list. What is this ingredient? Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate is a cleaning agent more harsh than the more common Sodium Laurel and Sodium Laureth Sulfates. I said it--HARSHER! 

I'm not sure why these products are labeled sulfate free when a look at the label will show you that they are clearly not. My guess is that they are banking on you looking for anything ending in sulfate and not something ending in sulfonate


                               




Like me on Facebook
Watch me on YouTube
View photos on Photobucket


No comments:

ShareThis