Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My Current "To Try" List

You all know that I follow a regimen called the Maximum Hydration Method. On this method your product choices are limited to products excluding several ingredients. Of these 'no-no' ingredients some just don't bother me so I've compiled a list of some products I'll eventually be trying. I've also noted next to each product why it is not 100% Max Hydration Method approved if it is a rule bender.

Conditioners

  • Alba Botanica Leave In Conditioner (Glycerin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol)
  • Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Calming Conditioner, Normal to Dry Hair (Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexl Glycerin)
  • GVP Conditioning Balm (Propylene Glycol - humectant!!)
  • Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner (Vegetable Glycerin, Panthenol)


Stylers

  • As I Am Curling Jelly Curl And Coil Definer (Glycerin)
  • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel SoufflĂ© (Glycerin, Panthenol)
  • Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Styling Gel (Glycerin, Benzyl Alcohol as preservative)
  • Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel
  • Green Tea Curl Glaze

Note that the rule benders are mostly humectants. Humectants cause my style to drop in high dews but never cause dryness in low dews. If you live in a desert climate you may want to avoid all of these humectant containing products as they can cause dryness. The main reason these are no-no'd for MHM is so that you don't have to worry about the climate or dews at all. 
What are you trying next? Comment below! 

If you like what you've read, never miss a post by following this blog with Bloglovin'. Also, watch my videos on Youtube. NEW uploads weekly!

No comments:

ShareThis